Pages

31 October 2019

The thing about cosmetics

Let me tell you a secret: I'm a noob when it comes to using make-up.

If you ask any of my close friends, they can attest (and ok, probably have a good laugh at it too!!) that they've never seen me wear make-up, ever. And believe it or not, the last time I had full make-up on was during our college graduation picture taken back in 2009, I think?

My mommy never taught me how to use them, though she was the first person who introduced it to me, as well as used them on me. I've tried watching make-up tutorials on YouTube but I still couldn't grasp certain things. Don't get me wrong though, I've tried to use some but my knowledge is limited with two things only: a mascara and a lipstick.


I've sort of given up with the former because having an eye problem is a bitch; either I poke my eye a lot or I find it difficult to do it because of my very blurry eyesight. As for the latter, I got used to it since it was sort of easy to use and do. One thing that I just hate it that I find it difficult to use tube lippies because I tend to break it! One horror story I have is that I almost broke the tip of the first tube lipstick that I got... all because I twisted the tube, by accident, even before I removed the cap.

Stupid, I know. Please don't judge me.

That said, I end up using lip glosses and liquid lipsticks mostly since it's idiot-proof. But lately, I've been lucky enough to get a few tubes from very nice people. And since I have no idea when they'll expire(!!!), I need to practice how to use them so it won't go to waste... And ok, I also want to learn how to not be afraid of using make-up.

Again, please don't judge me for that!

So, two things: One, does anyone have any tips on how to apply it without potentially breaking the lipstick? Two, if all else fails, I'll buy myself a lipstick brush. But where can I get one though?

Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment