Pages

11 April 2016

The Sunday Currently: V.9


The past week has been quite hectic and tiring for me. When I got back to work last Tuesday, I was informed that my co-teacher got sick. The news though didn't actually surprise me because I remember that she was already not feeling when I saw her last Saturday. So given this situation, our admin staff then made adjustments to my class schedule that day so I can accommodate to her other class.

Before the day ended, I told the admin to check on her and ask if she can have classes the following day. We then got a message from her requesting if she can take rest of the days off so that she can fully recover. That's when I decided to take over her other classes instead so that it won't be a hassle for us to cancel (I also found out that the Sunday and Monday classes got canceled already) the remaining classes for the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about what happened. Like really! The workaholic in me enjoys being busy. Also, my current schedule that is assigned to me is more of coaching and consultations with the students. So I do miss having classes where in I get to interact more with the students especially during lectures. So this unexpected change is a non-issue.

But It's just that I think I was too energetic this week that I overexerted myself too much. Right now, I can feel that exhaustion is slowly kicking into my system and is asking for immediate attention.

So before I succumb to this, let me fill you in with the other current happenings:


*


WATCHING
The live streaming of the #PiliPinas2016 Vice Presidential Debate



I wasn't able to watch majority of the debate because I was at work. But I was able to catch up and listen to the responses of these candidates about the current situation of the country's internet connection and how are they going to resolve this issue when they become the next elected Vice President of the Philippines.

And I have to say, their answers were VERY interesting.


READING
The comments from the viewers of the VP Debate on the YouTube page. The comments range from argumentative, positive and supportive one and those nonsense trolling ones that will make you say #LOL


WRITING
This #TSC post and typing responses to some friends who are currently messaging me on Facebook.


LISTENING
I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith



Can I just say that this song is just full of fucking feels? And the MTV is just too much to handle as well! #medyohardcore


THINKING
About a few things:

1. Why is it just that today's VP Debate is the first and last one? There should be at least one more because knowing more about the potential candidates can really help the Filipino voters to be WISER in voting on the upcoming National Elections next month.


2. Why on earth did I say yes...in catching up with someone I haven't seen in AGES. And I'll be seeing this person again this coming week already.

So altogether now: OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!!


3. And lastly, this is one is very personal: It's about why is it so DAMN DIFFICULT to be a girl during certain days of the month. WHY!? WHY!?


WEARING
Pink top, Brown skirt


LOVING
My cup of English Breakfast tea. A pipping hot one to be exact


WANTING
Another cup of tea. Yes, I'm such a Lola like that! Haha! And oh, an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie would be awesome too right now. *wink wink*


NEEDING
A cold shower and a long nap. I need to get some decent rest after managing five days of classes all by myself!


FEELING
Exhausted because of work, but at the same time fulfilled because seeing the students enjoy (and hopefully learn!!) and hear them say thank you at the end of the class makes it all worth it.


CLICKING
On Duolingo! One of my goals this year is to learn (again) a new language! I once learned bits of French because of my previous work. It was really tough, but I somehow managed to understand every three words, the longest were a few phrases without consulting Google Translate.

Yep, consider it my kind of #achievementunlocked okay?




I'm an English teacher so I understand the struggle, you guys. I really do! That's is why I really admire those who can speak other languages because learning it requires a whole lot of motivation and patience, especially for adults.

So here's to me being hopeful in training myself to do something awesome!
 

*

So that's been my #supergirlwannabe week so far! I hope yours was as action packed as well, or if not hopefully it was productive and fulfilling like mine.



To know more about The Sunday Currently click here

No comments:

Post a Comment