Pages

06 March 2022

The Sunday Currently: #49

Yep, it's been ages since I wrote about my Sundays. Hope you're having a better weekend than I do.


READING
I decided to join the Goodreads reading challenge again, but with a more realistic reading goal now.



I started reading slow this year, but I'm happy to report that I've managed to finish two books already: Hiro Arikawa's The Travelling Cat Chronicles and Tara Westover's Educated. Both books made me cry, though the latter turned me into a huge ball of feelings, among other things. For my third book, I'm alternating between Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, Lonely Castle in the Mirror by Mizuki Tsujimura, and The Paris Library by Janet Charles.



LISTENING
Numb Little Bug by Em Beihold



WRITING
Well, it's more like trying to finish the presentation outline, and work on the actual PowerPoint thingy for a talk I have to give on Tuesday, International Women's Day. Which means...

THINKING
I am trying so hard to not freak about the fact that I - a woman, a minority - will be talking on the sole day when the world recognizes women; their contributions, success, and struggles in society. Again, I am trying not to panic. Hell no...

...LOLJK. WHO AM I KIDDING!? HUHUHU.

SMELLING
The rice that I'm cooking in my rice cooker and the oreo cookies in front of me.

WEARING
Underwear because it's pseudo-summer weather here in Manila already. OMG #noshame

LOVING
The fact that I gave in and finally bought myself a real wallet. Real in the sense that I purchased a legit leather wallet, on an impulse though, because it was on sale. Genuine leather for 50% off? My frugal self got excited LOL. Jokes aside, I am very much happy with it. The chestnut color makes it look so posh and sophisticated, don't you think?



NEEDING
A cold shower, a huge ass iced coffee, and for my brain to cooperate because I need to be productive today because if not I. AM. SO. DEAD.


To know more about The Sunday Currently, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment