- My brain and attention span is still dwindling and all, so doing some leisure reading is still a struggle. I tried to re-read Yasunari Kawabata's Beauty & Sadness, but I've only managed to read around two chapters before dropping it. So I jump and went with Sally Rooney's Beautiful World, Where Are You instead. But I gave up with it after barely reading half a chapter. So much for trying, I know!
I ended up picking two other titles: Atomic Habits (James Clear) and There's No Such Thing As An Easy Job (Kikuko Tsumura). The former is a physical book that I read at night before going to bed, while the latter is an e-book that I read on my phone. And I'm happy to report that I'm actually enjoying it. I just hope that I (aka my brain) can keep the momentum of sorts.
![]() |
| book covers from fully booked website |
- I reactivated my Netflix account after developing a slight obsession with Hospital Playlist. Watching the entire series is like a therapy of sorts that I never thought I needed. I have never seen myself laugh, cry and cry some more every time I finish an episode. I'm currently halfway through the second season - which is a rare thing - for korean dramas, and I swear I am not ready to accept the fact that the entire series is over.
Why you do this, tvN and Netflix? WHY!?
![]() |
| image from here |
- I gave in to the online shopping gods this year. Since the pandemic happened, I've resorted to online shopping to buy essential items aka things for my pet cat. As much as possible, I tried my best to stop myself from buying non-essential items aka more gel pens for coloring, among other things. I did, however, ended up buying other stuff: like a mattress, a smart watch (if that's what it's called?), work shoes (because I'm back to reporting physically at work), and pajama bottoms. And I have to say, my best purchase so far... has been the pajama bottoms.



No comments:
Post a Comment