Oh, hi! This is me attempting to fulfill my x year of promise to write more. Oh boy!
READING
I am proud of this year because I have finally decided to rekindle my love for reading. For Christmas last year, I bought (on a whim!) this subscription-based library catalog thingy -which I discovered on Facebook- where I can download and read ebooks on my phone. The low-tech person in me thought it was a bad idea, but the depressed person in me won. And hey, it costed me like less than 5 dollars, so it was kind of a steal since I was told that it was a lifetime subscription.
For the past six months, I am pleased to report that I have managed to finish reading seven books:
1. Maybe You Should Talk To Someone - Lori Gottlieb
2. Men Without Women - Haruki Murakami
3. 56 - Bob Ong (this one though is a physical book)
4. The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon
5. Fat Chance, Charlie Vega - Crystal Maldonado
6. Yolk - Mary H.K Choi
7. Dear Girls - Ali Wong
Currently, a few books are in rotation on my phone library: I'm reading Thirty Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the time she's 30, by Pamela Satran (plus editors from Glamour magazine). I feel like I ended up reading this because of... existential crisis? Or maybe it's a subtle cry for help? Or both!?
I also started reading Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour just because miss seeing/watching Tony on TV. I rarely tell people about this but he's one of the reasons why I had the balls to go back into producing. It's because I thought I could do make a show like No Reservations. I'm insane, I know.
Another book on my to-read pile is Amy Morin's 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. Last year, I came across her book after I re-activated my Scribd account during the first month of the pandemic lockdown. I ended up listening to her audiobook while cleaning my apartment. I wasn't able to finish the audiobook so I tried to search for it on the catalog but to no avail. So, I ended up buying a pdf (or was an e-pub?) version... on Lazada! Ha!
The last book on my growing reading list is Himalaya: A Human History by Ed Douglas. I have to be honest though, I haven't finished reading the books' introduction because my attention span started dwindling. Having said that, I'm not sure if I'll manage to finish any of the books on my current reading list. Again, oh boy!
WRITING
Well, does updating a CV count?
WATCHING
WATCHING
Given my shitty attention span, I honestly can't believe that I managed to watch three different films. I finally had a chance to watch Crazy Rich Asians, Wonder Woman 1984, and the Mortal Kombat reboot.
Crazy Rich Asians was fun! Akwafina gave me a good laugh, while the movie- in general- gave me a reason to have a good cry. As for WW1984, I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda didn't like the movie's plotline. I had to watch it twice just to figure it out. And for Mortal Kombat... well, it took me three attempts to watch it. Let's just put it that way.
THINKING
How I'll manage to convince my bipolar brain to go to sleep tonight because I have work tomorrow!
SMELLING
The dark hot chocolate on my big mug, and my bath soap on my hands since I just came out of the shower.
The dark hot chocolate on my big mug, and my bath soap on my hands since I just came out of the shower.
WISHING
That I get to do something different and exciting for my birthday this year?
That I get to do something different and exciting for my birthday this year?
HOPING
That the coming week won't kill my body and my brain cells.
That the coming week won't kill my body and my brain cells.
WEARING
Sleepwear aka, comfy white t-shirt and undies.
Sleepwear aka, comfy white t-shirt and undies.
LOVING
The somewhat cool weather tonight and the silence in my apartment (except for the noisy vehicles I can hear from one of my windows at this hour)
The somewhat cool weather tonight and the silence in my apartment (except for the noisy vehicles I can hear from one of my windows at this hour)
WANTING
Uhm, let's not talk about it.
Uhm, let's not talk about it.
NEEDING
Let's not talk about this either!
FEELING
I still feel sick, exhausted, and still a bit pukey from yesterday's migraine shit. I swear PMS headaches are a bitch!
I still feel sick, exhausted, and still a bit pukey from yesterday's migraine shit. I swear PMS headaches are a bitch!
To know more about The Sunday Currently, click here.


No comments:
Post a Comment