Bedtime stories anyone?
*
READING
I've been in stuck in a funk for a while (and some series of unfortunate events made it worse!) and I've tried so fucking hard to fight it. But in the past few months, I somewhat managed to shake it off with the help of leisure reading.
It started with me re-reading some of my books after I moved into my new apartment; 1) The Bridges of Madison County, 2) American Fuji, and 3) Eat Pray Love
As for books 4 & 5, I finally(!!!) bought a copy of Smaller and Smaller Circles while a friends' girlfriend gave me a copy of Norwegian Wood. The former I finished reading in a week or two, while the latter I read one weekend (perks of being bed-ridden I suppose?). Right now, I'm currently inching my way through The Virgin Suicides.
I won't lie though- I'm still not ok. But the fact that I can feel a bit of happiness and sunshine in my life after doing it is probably a good sign. Right?
WATCHING
I'm guilty of binge-watching a bunch of stuff over at Netflix; there's catching up on Queer Eye (again, perks of being bed-ridden!!) that made me cry lots (or maybe that's the effect of my painkillers!?) and then I gave in to some rom-com like Ali Wong's Always Be My Maybe and Christina Milian's Falling Inn Love.
And oh, here's a shoutout to Netflix PH for finally having some of my old-time favourites like Matilda, Space Jam and White Chicks! I'm just waiting for the day that they finally get the license of Legally Blonde. HAHAHA!
Anyway, if there's one thing I'm excited to watch that would be Amazon Prime's upcoming anthology series: Modern Love. In case the title rings a bell, the series is based on the weekly column of essays submitted by readers to The New York Times, “Modern Love,”
Amazon dropped their second series trailer and it (still) crushed my fragile heart. </3
LISTENING
Soon You'll Get Better by Taylor Swift feat. Dixie Chicks
Yup, I'm listening to Taylor- judge me for all I care. Lol
THINKING
About work deadlines and how to achieve them all without killing myself.
WEARING
A blue t-shirt, white pants, and flip-flops
SMELLING
The coffee from the espresso machine behind me and the hollandaise sauce that I'm licking on my fork while I type this.
NEEDING
Some self-care like a really good massage (I have to wait until my period is over!), and to exercise (I have to wait for my wound to totally heal), and a therapist because I need to take care of my self and my sanity.
WANTING
My regular appetite back! Also, I badly need a warm, tight hug and a good cry.
FEELING
Nah, let's not talk about it. All I can say is that I'm a huge ball of emotions right now and I'm this inch close in exploding.

No comments:
Post a Comment