Pages

23 June 2019

The Sunday Currently: #44


As I type this, I just realised that this is my last weekend as a 20-something. And by saying that, I'm starting to feel like I'm about to reach...my death sentence of sort.

Ok, ok, that was a bit morbid. My bad!


*


WATCHING
Actually, it's more of re-watching the movie I watched last month: Pokemon Detective Pikachu


Excuse the fangirl in me, but I just can't help it really! I grew up watching Pokemon, I've learned and played all of the Pokemon Gameboy versions, and I've probably memorised almost all of the Pokemon characters based on their animal type, among other things. So when I heard about the movie, the 12-year old girl me got a bit excited. I didn't have any expectations about the movie as well, so if you want to ask me if I liked it, I'll obviously say yes.

Just don't ask me to comment on certain scenes, SFX, etc. Hahaha!


Oh, just to be clear though - I'm fangirling over Pikachu, the Pokemon, and not over Ryan Reynolds!


LISTENING
Too Much by Carly Rae Jepsen


This song is sort of driving the Cancerian in me a bit crazy. LOLJK.


THINKING
Nah. Let's not go there.


WEARING
An oversized white shirt, pink shorts, and a headband bandana.


SMELLING
The Vicks vaporub that I rubbed on my nose because my flu is still being a nasty bitch.


NEEDING
Since I'm about to enter my 30's, I need to be more conscious about taking care of myself starting with my physical appearance. To be honest, I still don't know how to use cosmetics- with the exception of lipstick and mascara- so I've been sporting a bare, au naturel face for as long as I remember. That said, I need to figure out how to look like a decent human being while I work out on my internal struggle with make-up, among other things.

I noticed lately also that my body became more sensitive too. My face became prone to breakouts now while my skin suffered from rashes and hives. Because of that, I was forced to change cleansers that I've been using since time immemorial. I only had one concern though- I had to make sure that my alternatives are budget-friendly!


I've changed my body cleanser; from a regular body soap, I'm using a baby(!!) milk soap. As for my facial wash, I had to find one that suits my oily-combination skin. The first one (not in photo) I've tried using is a Nivea facial scrub that helps exfoliate my face but without drying my skin, as well as help lessen my pores. But because it's currently out of stock, I tried using Human Nature's balancing facial wash. From what I read, the product is cruelty-free and vegan as well which is nice.

As for the rest of the facial cleansers I use, I'm a fan of Celeteque Alcohol-free toner because it has Witch Hazel and it helps solve any acne problems I get especially during my period. As for the last item on the photo, well yes you've read it right. It's my anti-aging night cream that I've been using since last year. Please don't judge me for it!

Based on the photo, that's my usual night cleansing routine. As for my morning routine, I still use the same items, except for the overnight cream. I'm too lazy in the morning, which I know is a bit of mortal sin, so again please don't judge me!!


HOPING
That I'll survive the last weekend of the month, as well as the last few days of my 20's, and of course, make it alive and sane when I turn 30.


WANTING
A big tub of ice cream and some BFF French fries.


FEELING
Lethargic and hungry.


*

To know more about The Sunday Currently, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment