Pages

11 October 2020

NoKor

History was one of the subjects I enjoyed as a child. It turned me into a sucker for any kind of stories - whether entertaining, bizarre or bordering to boring - related to history. One of which is the stories about North Korea; it's intriguing history and culture, and its people.


image screengrab from here

image screengrab from here


And while I have the feeling that I'll never get a chance to visit NoKor (why? well, that's another story to tell!) I'll settle myself with news and documentaries on YouTube. The recent one I watched had a pretty in-depth and unique insight into this mysterious country. One of which is about the country's shoe industry. Below is a photo of a pair of athletic shoes called 'Adibas,' the North Korean localized version of Adidas. 


image screengrab from here


This, aside from Hello Kitty, sushi, cappuccino, and wine and spirits, are just some of the signs wherein consumerism has entered the lives of the residents of Pyongyang -- at least those who can afford it -- all because of Kim Jong Un.


image screengrab from here


Have you ever been curious about how life in North Korea is, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment