Pages

12 November 2017

The Sunday Currently: V36



I was told that if a girl drinks beer, then she's a keeper. I think I'd only believe that if someone has the balls to prove that to me.


*

READING
I've put this on hold this week because of work. Though I got a new book- or rather, an e-pub- this week from one of the guys from Tinder that I've been chatting with. He sent me a copy of Richard Branson's new autobiography, Finding My Virginity.


WRITING
With the exception of me scribbling and word vomiting on my work journal, I'm not writing anything lately. I've been pre-occupied with transcribing interviews and double-checking translations.

A post shared by jenn lagman (@jennifermiko_) on

After typing this though, I have to start planning and organizing my week. I still have pending deadlines that got pushed due to unwanted circumstances (this is another story, but I'll spare you from it!) So I need to make sure that I finish them without beating myself up.

Anyway...


WATCHING
I finally gave in and binge-watched 12 episodes of Madam Secretary Season 1. And I swear to god, it was good and bad- good because it was a welcoming distraction after a tiring week, while bad as well because my bum couldn't take the sitting part. I mean, I was sitting for almost half the day while watching!

So... I'll take it as a sign... that I'm not good when it comes to netflixing and chilling. Eh?


LISTENING
I'm mostly dependent on Spotify's Daily Mix nowadays. But mostly it's Camila Cabello's Havana, Carly Rae Jepsen's Cut To The Feeling, and P!nk's Beautiful Trauma that's on repeat especially when I'm commuting to work.

Although whenever I take mini-breaks at work (aka, rebuilding my emotional fortitude after watching a bunch of footage!), I listen mostly to OPM songs. I've been listening (and shamelessly singing on my desk!!) to Silent Sanctuary, Moonstar 88 and Itchyworms songs. It makes me feel like a high school/college kid all over again- minus the angst. LOL!


THINKING
How much alcohol my body can tolerate. I've been going out for drinks every weekend, for the past weeks and my body is hating me for it, BIG TIME. I seriously need to do damage control here, starting with hitting the gym again to sweat it out my system. Gah!


WEARING
An over-sized hoodie and board shorts.


SMELLING
My wet hair that smells like lemon, refreshing scent not sweet though. Also, the BreadTalk's Mocha chiffon cake that I'm having for merienda! #hungrygirl


LOVING
Sleeping-in and long showers on a weekend!


NEEDING
A haircut because I'm wasting too much shampoo already! [insert eye roll] And I need to cut my fingernails too because as much as I want to keep them long like any regular lady- I just can't. I find it difficult to write and type, too. So much for trying to be 'a girl' then.


HOPING
That my coming work week won't be as tiring and challenging, like the past few weeks. As well as hoping that my emotional fortitude won't falter on me.


WANTING
Another cup of coffee, but I have the feeling it will wreck my body clock again just like last time.


FEELING
Lethargic because I'm trying to convince myself to go to the gym later.


CLICKING
on my Spotify player and on my WhatsApp tab on my Chrome browser.


*


To know more about The Sunday Currently click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment